Posted on 25 April 2019
He brings a relentless drive for innovation and has a passion for the industry that brings a life changing impact for so many people worldwide. “I’m excited to have joined a team driven by excellence to make the world a better place, one catheter at a time.” Stephane Lefevre executes Natec’s vision and follows the CEO’s lead in implementing the company’s growth strategy. With his experience in departmental budgeting, cash flow understanding and P&L responsibilities, Stephane makes key decisions, balancing needs with resources and consistently contributes to our organization’s initiatives.
A Glimpse at Stephane’s Journey
Rolling back the years, Stephane’s sheer passion and curiosity for innovative engineering would lead to a rewarding academic path and also embarking on an exciting journey to the United States, which would take his professional endeavors to the next level.
Stephane Lefevre has Bachelor of Science with a specialisation in polymer processing from Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Industries de Strasbourg (ENSAIS), 1998 and holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Santa Clara University, Leavey School of Business, 2008.
He spent the majority of his professional life in the United States, acquiring over 20+ years at various medical device manufacturers. He gained a wealth of experience and understanding of operating facilities, ensuring compliance, ramping up production while maintaining high standards of quality.
He has extensive hands-on experience across production, engineering, materials, purchasing and quality functions along with a well-developed customer relations background. He has worked at private and public corporations ranging from startup ventures (15 employees) to multinational corporations (10,000+ employees) commercialising a wide variety of medical products, spanning from cardiac surgery disposables to long term orthopedic implants.
Let’s get to know our COO a bit better…
• Tell us Stephane, how did it all start for you and bring you to where you are today?
Back in 1997, I did an internship at Nycomed. Pierre Hilaire, Jim Leary and Vincent showed me that some engineers applied their mechanical engineering training to solve medical problems and improve people’s lives, by developing medical devices. When I graduated in 1998, I called Jim Leary and he got me my first meeting in California right before Christmas with Wil Samson (Founder of ACS) and Mike Regan. The rest is history as I never stopped working on innovative devices that would help doctors save lives.
• What motivates you in your everyday life?
My Kids and the feeling that I am making a difference in people’s lives
• Who are your mentors and where do you get your source of inspiration?
1. Mike Regan was my first boss in my first job and I could not have been luckier. He always told me that believing is half the battle. No matters the odds, the challenges, the risks, he always remains calm and inspired everyone to do their best.
2. Gregg Popovich (NBA Coach) – He is such a strategist. He didn’t have the best players but he always made them believe they are the best, by transforming and making them fit the system so they go beyond what they could have ever done. His motto -Nobody is bigger than the team.
3. Elon Musk – His ability to dream big and pursue them no matter what, has always impressed me.
• What are your Hobbies?
Reading, hiking, riding my bike and watching basketball – Go Spurs!
• In one word, describe yourself
• What is your motto in life / most inspirational quotes?
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
“You will never learn if you do not make mistakes.”
• When it’s all over, how do you want to be remembered? (What impact do you wish to have at Natec also towards your personal aspirations)
I would like to be remembered as the person who makes an impact towards Natec’s employees, and make them believe that they too can make a difference and become extraordinary people. I aspire to grow Natec Medical into a solid and diversified company, where its employees are creating opportunities to drive Natec into becoming a 1B Rs company.
Natec Medical is thrilled to have Stephane’s global experience and expertise in our team.
With Stephane’s unique combination of technical and medical background, along with professional experience, he has already laid the foundation for a more collaborative and ambitious Natec. We look forward to go above and beyond the WISE values that we are proud of! Our management team staunchly believes in taking responsibility and action towards our goals.